[OpenAFS] GiveUpAllCallBacks callers

Todd Lewis utoddl@email.unc.edu
Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:58:44 -0500

On 12/13/2010 02:52 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> An alternate version of 3404, patchset one, includes an implementation
> which cheats, namely, within a few months of GiveUpAllCallBacks being
> fixed,
> the GetStatistics64 RPC was introduced. Its existance would be used as
> a sentinel that GiveUpAllCallBacks was safe to issue. However, this
> was
> objected to as it ties unrelated RPCs together.

Indeed it does, but it's also a workable pragmatic solution to a real
problem. I could see putting a sunset date on the technique. You might
also log a warning based on it so vulnerable admins could get a clue.
This seems like a great way to move forward to me in spite of the
unrelated RPC tying inelegance.
--
Todd Lewis