[OpenAFS] Re: best way to control "butc" tape host process?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:52:19 -0600

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:04:03 +0100
"Assarsson, Emil" <Emil.Assarsson@sonyericsson.com> wrote:

> I currently run "butc -localauth" as a instance in bos. Is this the
> way to do it or should I find another way?
> I can't find any suggestions about this in the documentation :-P

The last time I used it (about 5 years ago, csl.tjhsst.edu), we just ran
it in a screen session. IIRC, butc can prompt for input if it gets
confused, which makes being able to provide input rather useful.

That's not really a recommentation as a better way to do it or anything,
as that obviously has problems, and I'm not sure which is better to do.
But it worked well enough for us, at any rate.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net