[OpenAFS] Do Not Get 'Drive Letters' or 'Advanced' Tabs

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:47:37 -0500

--------------enig1C3378B8BD91DD4DEE6A4867

On 12/20/2010 3:34 PM, Stephen Shuma wrote:
>=20
> I am trying to install openafs 1.5.78 on a ThinkPad T400 with XP.  Toda=
y I
> tried the 32-bit EXE installer -- but in the past I've tried the others=
 as
> well (on older versions of openafs).  The install completes without err=
or
> -- but when I open the AFS Client I see only a 'Tokens' tab -- no 'Driv=
> Letters' or 'Advanced' tabs.  So I cannot complete the setup.  I also d=
> not see my id in the 'Currently logged on to Windows Networking as' lin=
e...
>=20
> I'm working from setup instructions from a co-worker, and am admittedly=
> novice.  But I have pulled in some experienced co-workers who walked
> through the installation with me, and cannot figure out what is going
> wrong.  We have tried just accepting all of the default selections upon=

> install -- as well as editing them.
>=20
> Any ideas?

The unreliable Drive Mapping functionality was removed from OpenAFS in
1.5.66.

  https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-announce/2009/000311.html

Drive maps should be created using the Windows Explorer Shell or the NET
USE command.

Jeffrey Altman