[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] cache manager locked under heavy load?

Alena Manova nymano@seznam.cz
Mon, 08 Feb 2010 00:01:03 +0100 (CET)

> Od: Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>
> Předmět: Re: [OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] cache manager locked under h=
eavy load?
> Datum: 07.2.2010 00:19:04
> Alena Manova wrote:
> > Thanks Simon and Jason,
> >
> > thank you for the clues!
> >
> > we are running openafs 1.4.11 on centos 5.4 using the official open=
afs rpm
> packages.
> >
> > I tried running the afsd with -dynroot -fakestat -stat 200000 and s=
till have
> the issue. if I route the traffic (about 500 requests) to that server=
, it gets
> locked.
> >
> > how about the -daemons parameter? could that be relevant?
> >
> > I guess the xstat_cm_test is not part of the RPM packages.
> >
> You're welcome.
>
> doubling -daemons might help.
>
> How many threads are you running on your fileserver?
>
> What does "bos stat -long server" show for the fileserver that hosts =

> your web content?

I am running one fileserver process. should I run more? how to get the optimal number?

[root@afs4 ~]# bos stat -long localhost
Instance upclientetc, (type is simple) currently running normally.
    Process last started at Sun Feb  7 04:00:05 2010 (1 proc starts)
    Command 1 is '/usr/afs/bin/upclient afs1 /usr/afs/etc'

Instance fs, (type is fs) currently running normally.
    Auxiliary status is: file server running.
    Process last started at Sun Feb  7 04:00:05 2010 (2 proc starts)
    Command 1 is '/usr/afs/bin/fileserver'
    Command 2 is '/usr/afs/bin/volserver'
    Command 3 is '/usr/afs/bin/salvager'

thank you, Nick.