[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS] cache manager locked under heavy load?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:57:36 -0600

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 00:01:03 +0100 (CET)
Alena Manova <nymano@seznam.cz> wrote:

> I am running one fileserver process. should I run more? how to get
> the optimal number?
[...]
> Instance fs, (type is fs) currently running normally.
>     Auxiliary status is: file server running.
>     Process last started at Sun Feb  7 04:00:05 2010 (2 proc starts)
>     Command 1 is '/usr/afs/bin/fileserver'
>     Command 2 is '/usr/afs/bin/volserver'
>     Command 3 is '/usr/afs/bin/salvager'

The number of threads you're running with is usually given by the -p
option to the fileserver. You are running with the default, which I
think is around 9. Try adding the argument "-p 128" (no quotes) to the
parameters passed to the fileserver, and see if it affects your problem
at all.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net