[OpenAFS] Removing the ability to change the PAG of the parent

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:11:46 -0800

Rainer Toebbicke <rtb@pclella.cern.ch> writes:

> A script that acquires credentials can only safely do so in a
> pag. "script" including pythons, perls, rubies and other programs which
> do not have a setpag() call.

A wrapper around libkafs or libkopenafs that exposes only the PAG
manipulation API would be trivial to write for Perl, Python, and PHP.  (I
haven't done any work on Ruby extensions.)  Would people be interested in
such a thing?  At least for Perl it would probably only take me a couple
of hours to put together.

You can, of course, just use the existing AFS Perl module, but I know it
has weird issues on some platforms and is rather complicated to get going.