[OpenAFS] Setting the BOS Server's Restart Times

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:58:25 CST

Gary Gatling asks:
> Is the restart still needed? If we don't have a restart will we see memory
> leaks? Do other organizations have experience with turning the restart
> off? Did it hurt anything having it turned off? Anyone doing longer
> restarts by using crons to kick off the restarts like once per month
> instead of once per week in the BosConfig file? Would doing that be a bad
> idea?

We haven't done the regular restarts for a loooong time (many years).
We don't think the reasons for them still exist (at least for us).

John

John Hascall, john@iastate.edu
Team Lead, NIADS (Network Infrastructure, Authentication & Directory Services)
IT Services, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology