[OpenAFS] Recommended way to start up OpenAFS on Solaris 10?

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 06:12:13 -0600

On 1/29/10 6:33 AM, "Harald Barth" <haba@kth.se> wrote:

>=20
>> It's bothered me for some time that a basic infrastructure item like AFS=
 is
>> distributed in a way that bypasses the OS software management system on =
most
>> platforms. I guess it's a time/resources thing, but still -- seems wrong=
,
>> somehow. It's not that hard to do, especially on Solaris and AIX.
>=20
> I know serveral people that do their istall packages for Solaris and have=
 done
> SMF scripting. Some of them do not wish to make them public because of th=
> fear of future support burdens when people expect updates. Some have loca=
> modofications and not the time to seperate their modification from a way
> to package "for everyone".

Meh. The Transarc paths are passably tolerable, no need to invent a wheel
for invention's sake. It'd be useful to see what others have done to see if
my assumptions are close to what others do. Anyone that would be willing to
let me look at what they've done would be appreciated -- no strings
attached.=20

I probably should look at making server-only and client-only packages, too.=
=20