[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on an OSX xserve (?)

Thomas Kula kula@tproa.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:01:56 -0400

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 08:47:24PM -0400, Tom Briggs wrote:

>    Dear OpenAFS community:
>
>    I  am  working  on  integrating a new Apple XServe into our AFS server
>    install,  currently three Linux servers.  I've been noticing some very
>    strange things:

>    (2)  After  much  hacking,  I  have  the  OSX  version  1.5.74 working
>    (mostly).   Does anyone have *any* experience with using /vicepa on an
>    HFS+  volume?   does  it need to be case sensitive?  I've noticed that
>    every  volume  I  put  there eventually eats itself due to corruption,
>    until vos listvol shows it as off-line.

OpenAFS fileservers on OS X Server worked for me, at least it did
when I tried it four years ago:
 http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw06/talks/kula.html

I made the vice partitions UFS because that seemed to be the simplest
option at the time. I have an inkling that HFS+ with case sensitivity
would work, but have never tried it.

Again, four years ago, your milage may vary, etc. etc.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula@tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/