[OpenAFS] compile error with 1.5.74 on kernel 2.6.28.10

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:00:26 -0400

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2010, at 21:46, Adam Megacz wrote:
>
>> This is using openafs_1.5.74.1-1.dsc (Debian). =A0I can probably kludge =
my
>> way around it, but I figured in the run-up to 1.6 y'all would like to
>> know about it.
>
> I've pushed a fix for this to gerrit - http://gerrit.openafs.org/2127
>
> What's slightly confusing is how you came to be building this code. We ca=
n only use the NFS translator with kernels that provide d_alloc_anon [1], a=
nd according to the kernel tree I have here it was removed in 2.6.28. Could=
 you check for me whether there is a definition for d_alloc_anon in the dca=
che.h file that's in your kernel tree?

Looking at that section of code I don't see the link with the NFS
translator.  I think it will get compiled if keyring support is not
enabled in the kernel.

The fix looks good - noticed a separate bug in the vicinity while
looking at osi_gcpags.c, see change 2130.

Marc