[OpenAFS] AFS Perl module (libafs-perl) uploaded to Debian unstable

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:22:17 -0700

I'm pleased to report that the latest changes to the AFS Perl module,
along with a few additional minor modifications, resolve the long-standing
problem with needing PIC code for the loadable Perl module, and I was
therefore able to upload it to Debian (as libafs-perl).  It's built
successfully on amd64, ia64, powerpc, s390, and sparc, so the portability
looks good, and it should be part of the next stable release.

Thank you, Norbert, for all your work on this module!

I have a bunch of patches to feed back to you, which I'll try to get to
soon.  If you don't hear from me, feel free to ping.