[OpenAFS] Re: Guidelines to speed up OpenAFS?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:14:27 -0500

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:57:18 -0400
Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> > For the client, if it's a windows client, I don't really know. But
> > in general I assume you would stop the client, add "-rxpck X" to the
> > options (wherever you edit the client options), and start it again.
>
> it shouldn't actually be needed in the client, or in any 1.5 code;
> we're much better about allocating more on the fly now.

"Now", yeah, but 1.5.71? The fix I was thinking of was
54bf41004b901ca090d63e239768588fa90bc806, but there have been many RX
improvements over the lifetime of 1.5, and you'd know better than me.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net