[OpenAFS] Re: VLDB volume lock info

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:33:30 +0200 (CEST)

Andrew wrote:
> I forgot that you can actually get this information if you have local
> access to a dbserver; we just don't export it particularly usefully.
> haba doesn't appear to be in the jabber room right now, and this may be
> useful for other people, so I'm putting it here.

I've been in "fix network mode" here at work and during that times I
am not so much in jabber rooms.

Thank you very much for writing all this things down. Maybe that way
it will be documented some day...

> (...)
>
> 0x010 VLOP_MOVE    -- "vos move/convertROtoRW"
> 0x020 VLOP_RELEASE -- "vos release"
> 0x040 VLOP_BACKUP  -- "vos backup"
> 0x080 VLOP_DELETE/VLOP_ADDSITE
>                    -- "vos delentry/addsite/remsite/changeloc/syncvldb/
>                            syncserv/rename/lock"
> 0x100 VLOP_DUMP/VLOP_RESTORE
>                    -- "vos dump/restore"

Ah, I see. Next time this happens, I will have a look. This time we had
to clear the flag and go on with life earlier than your message.

Thanks,
Harald.