[OpenAFS] AFS Control Center / Account Manager

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:16:26 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Is the AFS Control Center in the Windows OpenAFS client even supposed
to work any more?  (This is on XP.)

When I installed it, it started complaining about comerr32.dll missing,
and when I removed OpenAFS, installed MIT KfW 3.2.2 and installed
OpenAFS again, it no longer complained about the missing DLL but the
program is still not working ("The AFS Account Manager was unable to
find the TaAfsAdmSvr.exe program, or was unable to prepare your computer
to perform AFS administration. Error: f 191 (1727) (0x000006BF)").

The TaAfsAdmSvr.exe program is in the same directory as the Account
Manager, in C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Control Center.  Trying to start
it manually on the command line, without any parameters, results in

AdmSvr: Initializing...
AdmSvr: RpcNsBindingExport failed; error 0x00000000
AdmSvr: Could not bind to port 1025 or export bindings; terminating
AdmSvr: Shutting down...

And of course, with MIT KfW 3.2.2 installed, OpenAFS token acquisition
from a kaserver stops working altogether so OpenAFS can't be used.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,