[OpenAFS] format vos/fs/pts output

Jonathan Nilsson jnilsson@uci.edu
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:51:57 -0700

--001485e9a65c53e176048a1fe83d

Hello,

I'd like to write (bash) scripts that can parse the output of the AFS
command suite, and I was wondering if there are any output format flags for
the fs/pts/vos commands?

The only one I've discovered is "vos examine <volume> -format" which isn't
documented anywhere and has some bugs, but it was referenced in a discussion
on this list back on April 13th/14th 2010:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-info@openafs.org/msg31746.html

That same thread also mentions a "-printuuid" flag, but that didn't work for
me.

I realize I'm asking a very general question, so if it helps, here is one
scenario I'm thinking of: quota reports (find all volumes on a particular
server or in the entire cell that are above 75% quota usage). As I see it, I
would have to use "vos listvldb" or "vos listvol" to get a list of all
volumes, then "vos examine <volume> -format" and do some math.

The quota report scenario could be simplified if I could, with one command,
just output the name, diskused and maxquota information.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome, thanks!
--
Jonathan Nilsson, jnilsson@uci.edu
Social Sciences Computing Services

--001485e9a65c53e176048a1fe83d

se the output of the AFS command suite, and I was wondering if there are an=

The only one I&#39;ve discovered is &quot;vos examine &lt;volume&gt; -forma=
t&quot; which isn&#39;t documented anywhere and has some bugs, but it was r=
eferenced in a discussion on this list back on April 13th/14th 2010:=C2=A0<=
/div>

nafs.org/msg31746.html">http://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-info@openafs.or=
 a &quot;-printuuid&quot; flag, but that didn&#39;t work for me.</div>

 it helps, here is one scenario I&#39;m thinking of: quota reports (find al=
l volumes on a particular server or in the entire cell that are above 75% q=
uota usage). As I see it, I would have to use &quot;vos listvldb&quot; or &=
quot;vos listvol&quot; to get a list of all volumes, then &quot;vos examine=
 &lt;volume&gt; -format&quot; and do some math.</div>

d, with one command, just output the name, diskused and maxquota informatio=

 4110, UC Irvine<br>

--001485e9a65c53e176048a1fe83d--