[OpenAFS] Client synchronization issues/Client caches are not being updated

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:11:16 +0000

On 2 Mar 2010, at 10:01, Ken Elkabany wrote:
> Is this expected behavior? I don't recall this being a problem when
> all our servers were on openafs 1.4.9. Is there a way to force the
> synchronization?

This sounds like your clients are missing callback notifications. Is
there anything funky going on with your network? Are your clients
mobile, or behind a NAT? Is the a firewall (even a 'local' firewall on
each client) between them and your server?

Simon.