[OpenAFS] Re: Document segment on NFS to AFS server

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:52:51 -0600

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 07:41:22 -0800 (PST)
Booker Bense <bbense@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> > The source doesn't appear to have any references to afs2nfs, so
> > probably. However, I don't see 'afs2nfs' in the whole tree, including
> > the documentation; where is this mentioned?
>
> openafs/doc/xml/UserGuide/auusg010.xml
>
> It's actually knfs which is part of the afs2nfs translator.

Ah, okay, I thought you meant there was a program called afs2nfs that
dealt with xlator credential management or something.

knfs still exists. I have no idea if it works, but it's there. And it
doesn't imply a hacked NFS client, from how I'm reading that section.
It's run on the NFS server, and associates NFS client accesses from UID
X to be associated with AFS tokens Y.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net