[OpenAFS] Re: Document segment on NFS to AFS server

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:57:56 +0000

> knfs still exists. I have no idea if it works, but it's there. And it
> doesn't imply a hacked NFS client, from how I'm reading that section.
> It's run on the NFS server, and associates NFS client accesses from
> UID
> X to be associated with AFS tokens Y.

There's a version for Solaris, which was last believed to work (I
don't know of anyone who runs it, though). There's also a Linux
version, which is in 1.5.x, but which won't work in current Linux
kernels because it's fallen foul of the whole GPL'd symbols mess (the
way we'd find out the UID of incoming requests was ... exciting, to
say the least, and is no longer available to us)

S.