[OpenAFS] Re: afs.GCPAGs in current releases under Linux (RHEL4/5)

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:23:07 +0000

On 5 Mar 2010, at 19:12, Andrew Deason wrote:
> Okay, but how about signalling something else to do the cleanup, then?
> Say, afs_Daemon (if it has nothing better to do) could unlink the
> marked
> unixuser(s) for us. It could just check a list of unixusers to
> unlink or
> something on each iteration, instead of GC'ing in the ten minute
> check.

Yes, that would be possible, although we'd need to think about how to
fit this kind of event driven model into the way afs_Daemon currently
handles events.

However, if this was happening correctly, Eric should be seeing his
system load peak and trough. Performance will be good every 10
minutes, and then slowly deteriorate until the next garbage collector
run comes along. From what he's reporting, that doesn't seem to be the
case, which is causing me to wonder whether we're actually running
GCUserData at all (we should be, as it's independent of the GCPAGS
setting)

S.