[OpenAFS] Request for Assistance with OpenAFS - AIX v6.1 build attempt fails with .yylex undefined symbol

Kieffer, Catherine Catherine.Kieffer@spirent.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:59:29 -0400

One final update.

I finally found and downloaded the 1.4.12 binary. =20
First attempt crashed my computer again right after the output of afsd st=
arting.

   [663] <root@orion> /usr/vice: cd /etc
   [664] <root@orion> /etc: ./rc.afs
   ./rc.afs: Loading 64 bit kernel AFS modules
   afsd: All AFS daemons started.
   login as: root

2nd attempt I wiped out the  /usr/vice/cache directory.
Still crashed after message about afsd starting.  Didn't even get a chanc=
to access the volume to get it to crash like the 1.4.11 binary.

   [1333] <root@orion> /etc: ./rc.afs
   ./rc.afs: Loading 64 bit kernel AFS modules

   afsd: All AFS daemons started.

I was able to build the 1.4.12 source without all the self created headac=
hes from the last version.
I cleared the cache first since that seems to be a sticking point and wha=
t was there was from trying to
run the problem binary.  It started great and worked.

   [1380] <root@orion> /usr/vice/etc: /etc/rc.afs
   /etc/rc.afs: Loading 64 bit kernel AFS modules

   afsd: All AFS daemons started.

   fs: new sysname list set.
   fs: new sysname set.
   [1382] <root@orion> /usr/vice/etc:
   [1382] <root@orion> /usr/vice/etc:
   [1382] <root@orion> /usr/vice/etc: cd /afs/hekimian.com/@sys/local/bin=

   [1383] <root@orion> /afs/hekimian.com/@sys/local/bin: ls -al
   total 787570
   drwxrwxr-x    6 jhpb.adm system        40960 Nov 11 2008  .
   drwxrwxrwx   45 root     system         4096 Jul 27 2009  ..

If you want me to do anything else let me know.  I figure I have a couple=
 of days before the engineers realize the computer
is now working as needed.  At that point my free wheeling access to it wi=
ll be severely restricted.

ck