[OpenAFS] Request for Assistance with OpenAFS - AIX v6.1 build attempt fails with .yylex undefined symbol

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:44:22 -0700

"Kieffer, Catherine" <Catherine.Kieffer@spirent.com> writes:

> + echo No link line for system rs_aix61.
> No link line for system rs_aix61.
>         /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11/src/pinstall/pinstall  pam_afs.so.1 /home/ckieffer/tmpbuild/openafs-1.4.11/lib/pam_afs.so.1
> Can't open source file ``pam_afs.so.1'': No such file or directory
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

For some reason, despite the fact that you have an AIX system, your system
is trying to build the PAM modules.  I'm not sure why this is, since
acinclude.m4 has:

                power*-ibm-aix6.1*)
                        AFS_SYSNAME="rs_aix61"
                        enable_pam="no"
                        ;;

which should disable that, and it looks like that code was added at the
same time as AIX 6.1 support.

You may actually be able to ignore this error, since you don't care about
the PAM modules anyway.