Re[OpenAFS] quest for Assistance with OpenAFS

amf_dk alexandre.m.fleury@gmail.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:30:35 -0700 (PDT)

Richard H Pletcher wrote:

> When I try to install openafs on my 64 bit windows 7 system the
> installation is halted with an error message "Installation of Network
> provider failed, system error 5".
> I have installed the sofware successfully on other 64 bit windows
> 7systems.  What is the remedy?

Dear Richard,

I had the exact same issue.
I looked at the logs as suggested by Jeffrey and realized that the problem
was caused at the installation of the loopback adapter.
I figured out that I had to install MS Loopback Adapter before openafs.
I followed the steps indicated here:
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/how-to-install-a-loopback-adapter-in-windows-7/
And finally I was able to install openafs without problem.

Problem fixed - at least for me.
I hope it helps you and others having the same issue.

All the best,
Alex