[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:03:04 +0000

On 17 Mar 2010, at 21:52, ematlis@yahoo.com wrote:
>=20
> Since pam_afs_session.so is not listed, I'd guess you are right, and =
that is not the source of the delay.

system-auth is listed, which means that it uses the contents of the =
system auth stack that you have already posted. So, I suspect you are =
actually using pam_afs_session (and if the problem appears when it's =
there, and disappears when its gone, that would seem to hint at that =
too)

> If any other thoughts come to mind, let me know.

One thought that has just sprung to mind - you mentioned that =
/etc/profile had an xauth call in it. Do things get better if this is =
commented out? It's possible that pam_afs_session isn't actually the =
culprit, but the problem is caused because, when you are root, you can't =
update the xauthority file of the user you came from.

Cheers,

Simon.