[OpenAFS] significant delay for afs user to login as root via su

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:06:09 -0700

Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
> On 17 Mar 2010, at 21:52, ematlis@yahoo.com wrote:

>> Since pam_afs_session.so is not listed, I'd guess you are right, and
>> that is not the source of the delay.

> system-auth is listed, which means that it uses the contents of the
> system auth stack that you have already posted. So, I suspect you are
> actually using pam_afs_session (and if the problem appears when it's
> there, and disappears when its gone, that would seem to hint at that
> too)

If pam_afs_session is invoked and has the debug parameter, though, it will
always log something.  So somehow either the debug parameter isn't set the
way that we think it is, or something is preventing pam_afs_session from
running so thoroughly that it doesn't get far enough to log entry into a
function, which is nearly the first thing it does.

Or, hm, you could be not logging auth.debug.  But sudo did produce some
debugging output.