[OpenAFS] Re: multiplt kernel call traces

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb@slac.stanford.edu
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:37:59 -0700

> From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.o=
rg] On Behalf Of Marc Dionne
...=20
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> =
wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:16:48 -0500
> > Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> >> "The IMA problem" effectively exists in 2.6.30-2.6.32.
> >
> > ...however, Simon tells me that the fedora 2.6.30 packages may not have
> > enabled IMA, so he's probably right that 2.6.30 would be fine.
>=20
> Yeah, pretty sure there was no Fedora 2.6.30 kernel with IMA enabled,
> that came with 2.6.31.
>=20
> The problem with the IMA fix as it was done in 2.6.33 is that it makes
> substantial changes to how/where the IMA accounting is done - probably
> not something you'd want as-is for 2.6.32-stable.
>=20
> What I hope is that Fedora 12 will get an update to 2.6.33 in the not
> too distant future.  If we take 2.6.32 as an example, it was added to
> F12 roughly a month after its release, and 2.6.33 was released on Feb.
> 24.  I don't know what the plan is, and looking in Koji I haven't seen
> any 2.6.33 builds targeted for F12 yet.

2.6.33 may have some badness ahead too.  Somewhere in
the release cycle the INIT_WORK definition changed to
call the (new) __init_work function, which is GPL only.
This breaks the released OpenAFS kernel modules.

btw, as I recall, the 2.6.33 fc13 builds will otherwise
work OK on fc12 (if you also upgrade the linux-firmware rpm).