[OpenAFS] Cache size limit?

Stephen Quinney stephen@jadevine.org.uk
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:38:50 +0000

I was wondering if there are set limits on the AFS cache size for a
client? Or are there  any limiting factors which mean it is not worth
going beyond a certain point? In this case, this is on a 32bit Linux
machine but I am also interested in getting an answer for the same
question for x64_64 Linux. The machine is being used by multiple users
simultaneously to do big (i.e. large memory & cpu usage, lots of
filesystem access, long running) computation jobs so I am trying to
work out the best way to optimise the AFS access.

Thanks,

Stephen