[OpenAFS] Low load on multi core fileserver

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 3 May 2010 23:04:06 -0400

--Apple-Mail-26-429787484

On May 3, 2010, at 09:09 , Frank Burkhardt wrote:
> is the openafs-fileserver supposed to take advantage of multiple cpu
> cores?

Last I heard, only the database servers were capable of true threaded
operation (and that possibly only in 1.5); the fileserver still uses
the old userspace "threads" library, so can't take advantage of real
threads or multiple CPUs.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu