[OpenAFS] Monitoring bad ACLs of webpages: best practices? faster search?

Kevin Walsh walsh@njit.edu
Fri, 07 May 2010 14:14:36 -0400

Hello,

I'm working on problems caused by users mistakenly leaving excessive
write permissions on the directories of their webpages.  Does anyone
know if there is a best practices or other guidance document
somewhere?   I realize the problem might not be so different from
webpages hosted on non-AFS filesystems.

One solution we're considering is regularly scanning our webspace for
excessively naive ACLs, but this is quite time consuming. Is there a
faster way to search for specific ACLs than various incantations of
gfind to fs-listacl, perhaps something that dumps all the ACLs of a
volume, assuming they are kept on one spot?

Thanks for any possible insights.

~Kevin