[OpenAFS] yum repos for RHEL

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Tue, 11 May 2010 12:59:36 -0400

Hi,

First, thanks to whomever does all the builds and maintains the yum repos.
I know it must be a pain and it's usually a thankless job.

I seem to recall discussion of this on the list but I can't find it in
the archives, nor any docs of how the build system works.

I created a /etc/yum.repos.d/openafs.repo with this in it:

	[openafs]
	name=OpenAFS 1.4.12 for RHEL $releasever - $basearch
	baseurl=http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.12/rhel-$releasever/$basearch/
	enabled=1
	gpgcheck=0

	[openafs-source]
	name=OpenAFS 1.4.12 for RHEL $releasever - Source
	baseurl=http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.12/
	enabled=0
	gpgcheck=0

which seems to work fine.

A few questions:

is there an openafs-repository rpm somewhere?  I couldn't find it.

Is there a repo symlink maintained to 1.4.current somewhere?  if not,
could there be?

Is there is a schedule for building & releasing new kmods?  Do they show up
in this path, or elsewhere?

Are there docs that I'm missing?

danno
--