[OpenAFS] AFS hangs, possible nat issues?

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Thu, 20 May 2010 12:39:44 -0400

On May 19, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 19 May 2010, at 13:29, Mark Huijgen wrote:
>>=20
>> Would it be safe to apply this NAT ping functionality to the 1.4.x
>> series also?
>=20
> Define safe.

Funny, my boss asked me the same question. :-) Fortunately for us as OP, =
it appears our person with the problem was successfully able to install =
the 1.5.74 client and is happily running.

Given the discussion here about the number of keepalives escalating over =
time, it appears the fix needs more tuning. Since it's only running on a =
couple of clients at the moment, the number of keepalive packets doesn't =
seem to be an issue. Before it rolls out generally in a production =
version, that issue should be and is being addressed. I'm happy, my user =
is happy. Aside from that, we've got higher priority AFS fish to fry and =
will wait for either more time or resolution from others.

Steve=