[OpenAFS] Anyone else going to LISA this year?

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:17:45 -0500

I've scheduled an OpenAFS Community BoF for Monday night.  I borrowed some
of the wording for the description from the OpenAFS website.  Looking forward
to seeing people there!

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/bofs.html#openafs

OpenAFS Community BoF
Brian Sebby, Argonne National Laboratory
Monday, November 8, 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Salon I/II

AFS is a distributed file system that is available on a broad range of
platforms and provides global access to a unified namespace providing
location independence, scalability, security, and transparent migration
capabilities. OpenAFS is the open source, community maintained branch
of the AFS software originally developed by IBM/Transarc. While OpenAFS
now has its own week-long conference, this BoF is intended for AFS
administrators at LISA to meet and discuss any issues they may be
having, and for people interested in AFS to find out more information.

Brian