[OpenAFS] Re: add partitions witout restarting afs fileserver

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:11:34 -0600

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:42:51 +0100 (CET)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> Yes, that is of course another possibility because as far as I know
> the size of the vicepx file system is not stored anywhere in AFS, you
> make the underlying file system bigger, you have more space on your
> vicepx.

The fileserver stores it for around five minutes, so you don't really
notice.

> Remember that partition sizes > 2TB you will get strange value from
> your vos commands (but it will continue to work). So if you for
> example use the output of vos parti somewhere, you may not want to go
> beyond 2TB.

'vos' should be fine if the 'vos' and volserver are at least 1.4.8. Some
'fs' commands, however (like 'listquota') will still have some cosmetic
issues.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net