[OpenAFS] add partitions witout restarting afs fileserver

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:42:51 +0100 (CET)

> I use lvm2 for the file systems and I were able to resize it without restarting the service.

Yes, that is of course another possibility because as far as I know
the size of the vicepx file system is not stored anywhere in AFS, you
make the underlying file system bigger, you have more space on your
vicepx. Remember that partition sizes > 2TB you will get strange value
from your vos commands (but it will continue to work). So if you for
example use the output of vos parti somewhere, you may not want to go
beyond 2TB.

Harald.