[OpenAFS] Re: add partitions witout restarting afs fileserver

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:14:05 -0600

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:59:35 +0100
Anders Magnusson <ragge@ltu.se> wrote:

> There is another way; have a number of unused /vicepx available and
> have an AlwaysAttach in them.  When you want to add more disk you just
> mount it on one of the unused /vicepx :-)

I'd be careful with that, to say the least. There are a few files used
for locking and such in /vicepX (for DAFS in 1.5/1.6, at least), and
having them suddenly get removed or replaced with other stuff could
confuse or break some things.

If you make sure that you never touch /vicepX until after you've mounted
some 'real' storage, I _think_ you may be okay in all cases. But we
don't guarantee it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net