[OpenAFS] Windows 7 64 Bit Issues

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:25:37 -0500

--------------enig2B013B8B11D47AECDBED07FD

On 11/19/2010 4:38 AM, Kamran Babazadeh wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> does anyone of you has troubles with the AFS Client on Windows 7 64 Bit=

> Machines? I have a Server running which we can access by
> authentificating ourselves with the AFS Client. On the the Win7 64bit
> machines, accessing is only possible in the first minute after system
> startup, and then I lose connection. When trying to reconnect I get =E2=
=80=9CRPC
> Server doesn=E2=80=99t respond=E2=80=9D.

"RPC Server doesn't respond" is generated by the AFS SMB server when the
AFS vldb or file server does not respond.  The server will be listed as
being "down" by "fs checkservers -fast -all".

The OpenAFS for Windows release notes include a section on
troubleshooting.  That section describes to tools that can be used.  In
this case, since you are attempting to debug the AFS cache manager to
AFS server interactions you will want to make use of the cache manager
trace logging (fs trace) and a network protocol analyzer such as
Wireshark.  rxdebug can also be used to examine the state of the cache
manager (port 7001) and file server (7000) rpc communication channels.

Since the issue involves both the cache manager and the servers,
examining server logs can also provide insight if the server logging
level is increased.

> Does anyone knows this problem or knows how I can solve it?

The key thing you have to determine is whether or not the RPC requests
are being issued to the AFS servers and whether or not they are in fact
responding.