[OpenAFS] Windows 7 64 Bit Issues

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:19:39 -0500

On Nov 19, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> On 11/19/2010 4:38 AM, Kamran Babazadeh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> does anyone of you has troubles with the AFS Client on Windows 7 64 =
Bit
>> Machines? I have a Server running which we can access by
>> authentificating ourselves with the AFS Client. On the the Win7 64bit
>> machines, accessing is only possible in the first minute after system
>> startup, and then I lose connection. When trying to reconnect I get =
=93RPC
>> Server doesn=92t respond=94.
>=20
> "RPC Server doesn't respond" is generated by the AFS SMB server when =
the
> AFS vldb or file server does not respond.  The server will be listed =
as
> being "down" by "fs checkservers -fast -all".

% fs help checkservers
fs checkservers: check local cell's servers=20
Usage: fs checkservers [-cell <cell to check>] [-all] [-fast] [-interval =
<seconds between probes>] [-help]
Where: -all   check all cells
       -fast  just list, don't check=20

=46rom the above, I'd always assumed -fast didn't actually check =
anything. Now that I think about it more, that msg must actually be =
pretty misleading. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Steve=