[OpenAFS] Prefered file system for vice partitions

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:41:37 -0500 (EST)

--43576837-85134416-1290447698=:11464

Lawrence Livermore's native ZFS for Linux is nearing completion. There ar=
e=20
still performance issues, but they are apparently hoping for a Jan 2011=20
release. <http://zfsonlinux.org/>.

Note that I just read about this on slashdot=20
<http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/11/22/1433246/Running-ZFS-Natively-On=
-Linux-Slower-Than-Btrfs>,=20
which along with the cruft its discussions are wont to have, touches on=20
licensing issues. OpenAFS gets a mention (not by me).

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster ho=
rse."
 			-- Henry Ford

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Mans Nilsson wrote:

> Subject: [OpenAFS] Prefered file system for vice partitions Date: Thu, =
Nov 18, 2010 at 05:57:18PM +0100 Quoting Assarsson, Emil (Emil.Assarsson@=
sonyericsson.com):