[OpenAFS] Re: Latest docs on building the OpenAFS source code

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:47:58 -0500

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:10:34 -0400
Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I didn't go nearly far enough into the caves on that spelunking
> trip...
>
> XCFLAGS and XLDFLAGS appear to be reset, and not inherited from the
> environment either.
>
> Short of post-processing the auto-generated Makefiles, and adding the
> necessary paths to each place they are needed, is there a generic
> mechanism for seeding these variables with arbitrary values?

I'm not aware of any, though I haven't really tried. XCFLAGS and
XLDFLAGS (on some platforms anyway) are set in src/cf/osconf.m4; see the
big switch statement for AFS_SYSNAME. You can hard code them there in
your sysname-specific section, or perhaps you/we could add code after
that section that grabs a var from the environment and appends to
XCFLAGS/XLDFLAGS.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net