[OpenAFS] Re: Inquiry For OpenAFS Installation Guide For HP-UX 11.31

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:17:59 -0500

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:57:54 +0800
<chee.chang.bu@accenture.com> wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I am having following problem when follow the guide in
> http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/ch02s07.html.
> 1) I can't execute cp usr/vice/etc/afs.rc  /sbin/init.d/afs as there
> is no afs.rc in the ../root.client/usr/vice/etc
> 2) /usr/conf/master.d is not exists in my HP-UX 11.31.
> 3) I can only find libafs.nonfs.a and libafs64.nonfs.a in the
> ../root.client/usr/bin
>
> May I know if the getting starr guide
> (http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/ch02s07.html) is for HP-UX
> server that is earlier than HP-UX 11.31? If yes, can you please tell
> me if there is any documentation/guide to install the OpenAFS into
> HP-UX 11.31.

This is from awhile ago, but if you're still looking at this...

That is the most recent HP-UX-specific documentation that I know of, but
yes, it's probably old. Are you trying to install the AFS client on
HP-UX, or just a fileserver? If you are just trying to install a
fileserver, you do not need to perform those steps. If you use the
'namei' fileserver backend (run ./configure with
--enable-namei-fileserver), you don't need to deal with the kernel
module at all, and you may have an easier time installing if you don't
deal with the kernel module.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net