[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS on ext4?

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Wed, 06 Oct 2010 01:42:17 +0000

Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> writes:
> Yeah, I've been running OpenAFS (v1.4.12) with ext4 on my private
> server (Debian squeeze) since June. Its workload and specs are nothing
> compared to the systems that others have described here, but it's seen
> almost constant use and has so far not given me any problems.

Same here, fairly small/simple installation has been running 1.4.11
server with /vicepX on ext4 for at least six months now.

No problems, except this one, which caused total and catastrophic data
loss (which was not even remotely close to being OpenAFS's fault):

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=2ec0ae3a

So glad I run nightly backups.

  - a