[OpenAFS] Re: SYNC_connect: temporary failure on circuit 'FSSYNC' (will retry)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 03:16:14 -0400

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> wrote:

> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
>> If you see it a lot, I'd like to know more about what's going
>> on with your server, but otherwise it's not anything to worry about.
>
> Well, the FileServer and VolServer are both refusing to start, and this
> message is the only thing in their logs that seems to explain the
> situation...

do you have a zombie fileserver which still has the socket bound?
lsof /usr/afs/local/fssync.sock (or whatever paths you've compiled with)
should tell you.

>>> What's a circuit?
>>
>> Just a name someone gave for the communication mechanism being used, I
>> guess. I don't associate much meaning with the term.
>
> I humbly suggest that using standard unix terminology like "named pipe"
> might be a good idea.

"socket"

--
Derrick