[OpenAFS] Re: bos killed fileserver before it was shut down cleanly.

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 19:18:12 +0000

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
> The problem is that it's also not uncommon for the fileserver to
> completely or nearly completely stall when shutting down,

Just curious, is this "stall" a bug in the fileserver, or something
which happens for a good reason?  If so, what is the reason?

In general, I find that these sorts of unexplained stalls (both in the
client and on the server components) are the sorts of problems I have
the most trouble understanding.  It's probably asking too much to hope
for a simple FAQ answer "when AFS goes out to lunch, what is it eating?".

  - a