[OpenAFS] Re: Status of the AFS::Command CPAN module

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:46:52 -0500

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:15:10 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2010 1:01 PM, Phillip Moore wrote:
>
> > Since AFS::Command is a glorified screen scraper, a few of the
> > commands no longer accept lists of names/ids in order to make the error
> > handling robust.
>
> How about turning the implementation into something based on top of
> libadmin instead of executing command line tools?

I could be wrong, but I thought libadmin is nowhere near as useful as
the CLI utilities. I would expect it to continue to be until it reaches
the point where the CLI utilities can be implemented on top of it,
rather than as an unmaintainable parallel implementation.

I would like to do that, but, well, it will take some time.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net