[OpenAFS] Re: Documentation on fs bypassthreshold?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:24:29 -0500

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:16:26 -0400
Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> In 1.5.77, there's no man page for fs_bypassthreshold, and Google's
> not showing much that helps, either.
>
> Can someone explain to me what this does?   For the purposes of
> supporting it in AFS::Command, I only need to know the CLI syntax, and
> I can read venus/fs.c to figure out how to parse the output, but...
>
> What does it DO?

I think the comments are accurate in this case:

/*
 * Set cache-bypass threshold.  Files larger than this size will not be cached.
 * With a threshold of 0, the cache is always bypassed.  With a threshold of -1,
 * cache bypass is disabled.
 */

cache bypass is relatively new (in terms of stuff that's built by
default), which is why there's little to no docs on it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net