[OpenAFS] missing /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@alumni.tu-berlin.de
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 23:35:37 +0200

On 19.10.2010 00:29, David Bear wrote:
> My bad. Apologies. I was comparing the configuration from open-suse with
> Red Hat. They must really change things around when they build there
> rpms for openafs.
>
> I really hate it when some distro de jour decided to completely depart
> from a standard -- even if you don't like the way the standard was made
> its still a massive waste of time to move things around.

SUSE has custom managment software for pretty much everything and thus
cannot rely on standards that may or may not continue to be respected by
their competition. It's probably easier for them to do it their way and
not care for the rest of the lot.

I'm not a fan either, but as always, we get what we pay for ;-)

Definitely no use bickering.

Cheers,
Felix