[OpenAFS] More file corruption with disconnected mode

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:54:51 +0300

On 3 Sep 2010, at 04:24, "Olin Shivers" <olin.afs.
7ia@shivers.mail0.org> wrote:

> Has anyone else had any luck with disconnected mode?

I'm aware of a number of people who are successfully using
disconnected mode. Whilst it is not without some rough edges, it is
certainly stable enough for day to day use. I have certainly seen no
reports of the corruption problems you are seeing.

I'm away at the moment, and so can't investigate your problem further.
 From the information you provide it looks like the replay to the
server is silently failing, and so you're left with the locally
written data in the cache, but the servers metadata. Do you have valid
tokens when you make the reconnection call?

Of course, 1.5.75 is a development release, and there has been a lot
of churn there. It is entirely possible that someone has broken the
disconnected replay code since it was last tested.

Cheers,

Simon.