[OpenAFS] Re: aklog: ktc 7 error using OpenAFS for windows

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:09:26 -0400

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:05:29 -0500
John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:

> No, he isn't using a VPN or any other network adapter.
>
> Neither was the other person (32 bit).
> What is ktc error and why does it happen at the very end, just before
> aklog stores the ticket?

The error is saying that aklog cannot contact the client
service/daemon/etc. It happens at the end because that is when aklog
tries to tell the client to store its tokens.

Many people recently have had similar problems (the client becomes
inaccessible) with Windows 7 after certain changes in the network
adapters on the system. That is what others have been pointing you
towards, and why I was asking if you could access AFS at all.

Some more pointers are the 3rd paragraph of
<http://docs.openafs.org/ReleaseNotesWindows/ch03s43.html> and the
penultimate bullet point of
<http://openafs.org/pages/windows.html#1_5_issues>.

I think it'd be helpful to know if it's just aklog that's failing for
you, or if it's AFS access entirely.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net