[OpenAFS] aklog: ktc 7 error using OpenAFS for windows

John Tang Boyland boyland@cs.uwm.edu
Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:28:49 -0500

Even more information on the student with the Windows 7 (64 bit) machine:

Recap:

NIM can't get AFS credentials.
"aklog -d" indicates that it fails at the very end with "ktc 7" error.
NIM indicates that AFS Service is Running.
NET VIEW \\AFS hangs for a LONG time and then prints:
System error 53 has occurred.
The network path was not found

To which I now add that nbtstat -S doesn't say anything very interesting.
It doesn't delay at all and lists three connections:

> nbtstat -S
Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [0.0.0.0] Scope Id: []
    No Connections
Wireless Network Connection:
Node IpAdress: [129.89.210.103]  Scope Id: []
    NetBIOS Connection Table
    Local Name   State  In/Out  Remote Host    input   Output
    MYNAME-PC   Listening
Wireless Network Connection 2:
Node IpAddress: [0.0.0.0]  Scope ID: []
    No Connections

So apparently \\AFS doesn't work AT ALL.

On the other hand.  If I choose the OpenAFS control panel from NIM and
click on Advanced > Binding ..., it says:

      "Your UNC name to reach the root of AFS is \\MYNAME-PC-AFS\all"

Why would it say that?  I would expect "\\AFS"
On the other hand, if I go to \\MYNAME-PC-AFS in the "Finder" (or
whatever they call it in windowsland), this UNC path appears to simply
be the same as C:\ (the local hard-disk)

So it may be that the control panel is just confusing me, and that it
doesn't mean what it is saying.

John