[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.12.1 panic on shutdown on Solaris 10 U8 x86

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:51:42 +0200

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:32:00 -0700
Carson Gaspar <carson@taltos.org> wrote:

> I'm seeing a panic when stopping afs on my Sol 10 U8 x86 box. Anyone
> have a clue, or want more debug info? This happens consistently, and I'm
> happy to test code fixes. From the console:

It is known that you can't stop the client on Solaris on a running
system. (I think it's maybe only the linux and windows clients that you
can stop?)

In the 1.5/1.6 branch, at least one issue was fixed that crashed the box
after stopping the client (9562721b89a2a7a7f32a165762d7fba8540006a9,
gerrit 1957). With that fix, stopping the client worked for me, though I
don't think we guarantee that doing so will work in general.

If you want, you can try the 1.5.x client. Or wait for the fix to be
backported to the 1.4 series.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net