[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.12.1 panic on shutdown on Solaris 10 U8 x86

Carson Gaspar carson@taltos.org
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:26:25 -0700

On 9/25/10 5:00 AM, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Andrew Deason<adeason@sinenomine.net>  wrote:

>> It is known that you can't stop the client on Solaris on a running
>> system. (I think it's maybe only the linux and windows clients that you
>> can stop?)

>> In the 1.5/1.6 branch, at least one issue was fixed that crashed the box
>> after stopping the client (9562721b89a2a7a7f32a165762d7fba8540006a9,
>> gerrit 1957). With that fix, stopping the client worked for me, though I
>> don't think we guarantee that doing so will work in general.
>
> you should be able to stop it. restarting it has been "best effort"
> though we try for that too.
>
>> If you want, you can try the 1.5.x client. Or wait for the fix to be
>> backported to the 1.4 series.

I've confirmed that 1.5.77 does not panic the box on shutdown. And can
even be restarted multiple times (although exactly once it hung in cache
scan on restart).

--
Carson